The Ideal Stately Home for Your Countryside Wedding
We know how important setting the tone of your wedding day is so we are continuing our quest in reviewing the best wedding venues all over the world and today's setting is the exclusive and luxurious Orchardleigh Estate in the deepest English countryside.
Offering the grandeur of a traditional 19th Century Stately Home; from the elegant Ballroom that can hold up to 165 guests, to the cosy Morning Room, the impressive full sized Billiard room and the regal surroundings of the Great Hall, Orchardleigh encourages you to use the spaces however you wish to create your perfect wedding day. Perfect for those wanting their specific style imagined! And it's not just a one-day event. You can spend THREE days here:
- The day before the wedding, you can arrive at the beautiful country estate for a relaxed evening of celebrations and overnight stay. The bridal party can spend the night in Orchardleigh Castle with a hot tub, barbecue and fire pit. How amazing does that sound?!
- You, along with your bridesmaids, can make your way over to Orchardleigh House on the big day by Rolls Royce, helicopter or horse and carriage to meet the groom at the altar...
- Then take your time to see off your friends and family the following day!
You would never believe that owners Chris & Heather bought this stately home in a derelict state 20 years ago and we're acutely aware that this has been a true labor of love. They truly know what makes a good wedding (and they even got married themselves here this Summer!). There is no finer setting to spend the day after your wedding than being sat on the bank of a beautiful 35 acre lake. Orchardleigh's palladium Boat House offers total seclusion and stunning surroundings for you to reflect on your big day.
Here's what we loved about Orchardleigh Estate:
- Wow Factor - This is THE venue to wow every guest. The enchanting array of backdrops make Orchardleigh the perfect spot throughout the seasons, with stunning gardens for basking in the Summer sunshine and cosy open fires in Winter. Fun fact - the house was used in the film of Tess of the D’Urbevilles and an Agatha Christie story!
- Lots of ceremony options - Orchardleigh House is fully licensed to hold Civil Ceremonies both inside and out, with the addition of two brand new outdoor ceremony spaces in 2019 (including a walled garden). Orchardleigh also offers two magnificent churches, for which you don’t need to be from the local Parish to marry. St Mary’s Church is perfectly situated on it’s own little Island and, due to its secluded spot, there is no electricity supply to the church, so wedding ceremonies are lit purely by candlelight – sounds incredibly romantic! St Mary’s is also the only island church in the world that has its very own helipad!
- Plenty of accommodation - Host up to 85 guests, with 41 opulent rooms in the main house.
- Experience luxury like no other - Orchardleigh offers its very own fleet of wedding transportation for hire on your wedding day, ranging from a Bentley Continental GTC to the Bell Longranger Helicopter and provides a dedicated team of wedding coordinators who will be on hand to help throughout the planning process and on your big day. Orchardleigh couples are also exclusively offered a two-night luxury Minimoon package. The package includes two nights static charter on a 60’ Sunseeker Super Yacht in Weymouth’s stunning marina or on a second super yacht moored in beautiful Cannes. In addition, to get the Minimoon off to a flying start, the couple can be flown the 25 minutes from Orchardleigh South Terrace to Weymouth by Helicopter!